How can Congress address the economic and educational exploitation of college athletes: lack of adequate long- and short-term insurance and medical expense coverage for athletics injuries, low graduation rates for minority basketball and football players, lack of professional codes of conduct that protect athletes from abuse. The panel examines Senator Cory Booker’s Framework for legislation mandating a College Athletes Bill of Rights.
Tags:Athletes RightsFeaturedVideo Library/Critical Issue WebinarsVideo Library/Critical Issues Webinars
- Academic Integrity
- Athlete Compensation, Scholarships and Benefits
- Athlete Health, Insurance, Medical
- Athletes’ Rights
- Certification, Accreditation
- Coach and Administrator Salaries
- Congressional Intervention
- Eligibility for Participation
- Enforcement and Due Process
- Ethical and Professional Conduct
- Facility Excesses
- Gender Equity
- NCAA Reform
- Racial Exploitation
- Revenue Generation and Distribution
- Student Fees and Institutional Subsidies
- Tax Preferences
- Transparency and Reporting
Join Our E-Mail List
Sign up for free and receive interesting news and updates delivered to your inbox.
Sign Up Now!
For Email Marketing you can trust.