The Drake Group has fielded a number of questions from Congressional offices on NIL issues. There are three issues that appear to cause considerable confusion: (1) the meaning of “institutional revenue sharing with college athletes,” (2) group or joint licensing with the athlete’s institution, and (3) the extent to which Congress should grant a “limited antitrust exemption.” The Drake Group prepared the attached white paper in response to those questions.
Comments Off on Drake White Paper: College Athlete Name, Image and Likeness – Issues Causing Confusion
- Academic Integrity
- Athlete Compensation, Scholarships and Benefits
- Athlete Health, Insurance, Medical
- Athletes’ Rights
- Certification, Accreditation
- Coach and Administrator Salaries
- Congressional Intervention
- Eligibility for Participation
- Enforcement and Due Process
- Ethical and Professional Conduct
- Facility Excesses
- Gender Equity
- NCAA Reform
- Racial Exploitation
- Revenue Generation and Distribution
- Student Fees and Institutional Subsidies
- Tax Preferences
- Transparency and Reporting
Join Our E-Mail List
Sign up for free and receive interesting news and updates delivered to your inbox.
Sign Up Now!
For Email Marketing you can trust.