R. Gerald Turner, co-chairman of the Knight Commission and president of Southern Methodist University, said “The recession is accelerating the need to make hard choices about college athletics, but the fundamental problems will not abate when the economy improves…. Through innovative solutions, we can take measures to reign in everincreasing athletics spending and preserve all that is good about college sports. Repeated calls for college sports reform have gone unheeded for decades. What it would take to clean up the mess in college sports.
- Academic Integrity
- Athlete Compensation, Scholarships and Benefits
- Athlete Health, Insurance, Medical
- Athletes’ Rights
- Certification, Accreditation
- Coach and Administrator Salaries
- Congressional Intervention
- Eligibility for Participation
- Enforcement and Due Process
- Ethical and Professional Conduct
- Facility Excesses
- Gender Equity
- NCAA Reform
- Racial Exploitation
- Revenue Generation and Distribution
- Student Fees and Institutional Subsidies
- Tax Preferences
- Transparency and Reporting
Join Our E-Mail List
Sign up for free and receive interesting news and updates delivered to your inbox.
Sign Up Now!
For Email Marketing you can trust.