After some 80 years of failed reform, it appears that America’s sports culture has triumphed over the academic mission of its colleges and universities as well undermined the educational mission of our nation’s high schools. As evidenced by the plethora of scholarly articles and books on college sports reform, there can be little doubt as to the fraudulent, tax-avoiding nature of big-time collegiate athletics—especially in the football and men’s basketball programs franchised by the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA)—and that unless Congress gets involved, America’s system of higher education will continue to be held hostage to the professionalized collegiate sports entertainment industry.
- Academic Integrity
- Athlete Compensation, Scholarships and Benefits
- Athlete Health, Insurance, Medical
- Athletes’ Rights
- Certification, Accreditation
- Coach and Administrator Salaries
- Congressional Intervention
- Eligibility for Participation
- Enforcement and Due Process
- Ethical and Professional Conduct
- Facility Excesses
- Gender Equity
- NCAA Reform
- Racial Exploitation
- Revenue Generation and Distribution
- Student Fees and Institutional Subsidies
- Tax Preferences
- Transparency and Reporting
Join Our E-Mail List
Sign up for free and receive interesting news and updates delivered to your inbox.
Sign Up Now!
For Email Marketing you can trust.