In this 2004 Daily Herald commentary Frank Splitt discusses athlete behavior, academic fraud and NCAA efforts to control media coverage of the mess in intercollegiate athletics – a reminder that little has changed in the last decade.
Drake Group Blames Outdated NCAA Amateur Status Rules for Criminalizing Outside Athlete Compensation
A Common Sense Approach to Recruiting Academically Disadvantaged Athletes
Drake Group Urges NCAA Division I Presidents to Support the Establishment of a Presidential Commission on Intercollegiate Athletics
- Academic Integrity
- Athlete Compensation, Scholarships and Benefits
- Athlete Health, Insurance, Medical
- Athletes’ Rights
- Certification, Accreditation
- Coach and Administrator Salaries
- Congressional Intervention
- Eligibility for Participation
- Enforcement and Due Process
- Ethical and Professional Conduct
- Facility Excesses
- Gender Equity
- NCAA Reform
- Racial Exploitation
- Revenue Generation and Distribution
- Student Fees and Institutional Subsidies
- Tax Preferences
- Transparency and Reporting
Join Our E-Mail List
Sign up for free and receive interesting news and updates delivered to your inbox.
Sign Up Now!
For Email Marketing you can trust.